How to use Signal Private Messenger App: Elon Musk
How to Download and Use Signal App
- You have the option to slightly customize the interface by clicking your initials in the top left corner, tapping “appearance“, and then choosing whether you want to be on the light or dark side of the force.
- Also under the privacy section, you can customize more advanced settings like, “read receipts“, which if enabled will tell contacts if you have read a message or not.
- There’s also an “always relay calls“, an option which if enabled will hide your IP address from your contacts, by directing your calls through a Signal server. This is handy but bears in mind that it will drastically reduce the quality of your calls.
- In this section, you could also enable the “registration lock“, which means anyone who tries to register to signal app with your phone number. It will have to provide your signal pin, giving you an extra level of security and peace of mind.
- Now, you can also tailor options with specific people, by opening up the chat window with that person and clicking their name. Best of all, in this section, you can enable “disappearing messages“, which will mean sent and received messages, disappear from the chat automatically. Pretty handy if you’re someone who forgets to clear chat history or just generally wants a private conversation thread. So, if you regularly have sensitive communication. Because you work with sensitive data or you generally share private information over messaging apps.
- Signal has a next-level security practice called “safety numbers“. In short, it’s a unique number that each of your chats has and can be verified. If any changes were to take place with any of your verified numbers, you would be notified by Signal. This not only helps you to know that your communication is private, through authentication, but it helps to stop various cyber attacks too.